Sunday, November 23, 2003

so it didn't rain today

But I had to work in the afternoon, briefly, finishing up a report before the holiday.

And then I got a tire to replace the one that blew out Friday night. That was a bit of tame excitement, fortunately happening not on the freeway but on a city road. I discovered after reading through the manual and uncovering the secret hiding place where the jack is supposed to reside, that somehow it wasn't there. Two years after buying the car, I have a blowout and no jack. The manufacturer must have misplaced it. The garage guy shows up thirty minutes later, but his jack doesn't work. Another hour later, all was well. Now I have a new tire, as well as the new tire that was the spare, and one of the old tires is now the spare. A little tire shuffling.

So, I didn't get anytime in the garden today.

That's ok. Gardening is not about perfection, but about hoping for perfection. I do what I can. I might get another break before Christmas. We'll see.

Now it is raining. Early winter weather, they tell us.

No comments: