Monday, December 01, 2003

discipline

As mentioned earlier, Indy blogger Hugh of Three Bed Two Bath has started his Advent discipline of commenting about specific hymns each day related to the season. Among his many talents is a background in musicology.

He writes:

These are the ground rules I set. I only picked hymns that I wanted to write about and/or that spoke to me. Actually, I chose a couple that don’t speak to me, and that will be their discussion topics. To lend some structure, I have selected a theme for each day.


Advent Sundays: Specifically Advent Hymns

Marian Mondays: Carols about Mary

Quiet Tuesdays: Carols best sung at pianissimo

Secular Wednesdays: Christmas Songs

Guy’s night out Thursdays: “Man” songs

Good Fridays: Latin Motets

Saturday Rockers: Hymns best sung at fortissimo

No comments: