Friday, December 26, 2003

over, under, around

When I was in the seventh grade, I was the only boy in my Spanish class. A few of the girls were learning to knit, and I good naturedly picked up needles and did a little knitting in class with them. I never learned that much about knitting, and certainly never produced anything. At best, I helped them by doing the repetitious looping on one of their projects.

Today, partner and a couple of friends met another friend at the knitting store where she works. She is going to teach us how to knit winter scarves. We bought wooden needles and each picked out the yarn. I'd like to do sweaters or a blanket. All my knitted afghans come from the 70s, and are of garish colors. They stay put away. It'd be nice to have ones that were are little more tasteful, color-wise.

Did I say that for the most of the time we were there, we were the only men in the store? It was a big day for customers. The place was full of shoppers.

No comments: