Thursday, February 19, 2004

recording

Our parish choir often makes an archival recording of our concerts which are burned into CDs and shared with choir members. We do not market them to the public.

I finally got the one from our Mozart concert with St. Paul's back in November.

When I learn a piece of music like this, it is usually experienced from the bass section. Only after pulling myself away from the piece, like in a recording, can I hear the piece whole and am often surprised by how it really sounds.

Listening to our recording of Mozart's Grand Mass (Mass in C minor), there are times when I forget that I was there singing. So that's what it sounded like. It is a powerful piece of music, and we were lucky to participate in it. I was lucky to participate in it. I am not the musician in our family, and am grateful that they let me sing in the choir.

No comments: