Monday, September 05, 2005

wordless

Words sometimes fail, particularly weighed against the sorrows of such an event as Hurricane Katrina and horrid aftermath. Nothing I write can undo what's happened, or sooth the loss and pain being experienced. We pray. We give money. In our towns, survivors will come and we can help them.

Supposedly, the most critical time after a disaster is the following 72 hours. Long past that window, we're now being told to brace ourselves for the reclamation of hundreds (thousands?) of bodies trapped in houses or abandoned amid the flooding. Hopefully, this will be less than what is predicted.

The weather here in Indy has been mockingly mild, blue skies and cool enough temps to sleep without air conditioning at night. I fret, I get angry. But my house is dry and my family is safe.

No comments: