Saturday, March 03, 2007

lists

I am not a good multi-tasker. I tend to do one task very well at a time.

Friday was my last day at work, and it was a good day. I rushed through last assignments, we had a little party, and I drove home grateful for my colleagues and our work together over the past five years, and also happy to get to the next step: starting to close down the house and prepare for moving.

I have a little window before Partner comes home for his spring break, and then we will drive to NYC. Soon our family will be in one city again.

The dog and I walked in the snow this morning and chatted with a neighbor we often see in the morning - he throws the frisbee for his black and white collie. I think Franklin is jealous. He would love to chase after the frisbee and bring it back, but he is not equipped to jump up and catch the thing with the beauty and grace of the collie.

We talk about New York and about our own townlet. We say goodbye and walk on. Job finished. Check. Time to start the packing/throwing things out/list of chores leading to moving day. Check.

No comments: