Monday, December 08, 2003

gifts not taken

Saturday, the weather in Indy was perfect. Blue skies, lightly chilled air. A gift to any gardener who especially needs to do some work soon.

But sometimes gifts must be turned down. I took the cat to the Cat Doctor for a check-up and shots, did housecleaning and laundry, and then took my car for an oil change. Franklin and I did get to go for two walks in the daylight, a real treat after almost of week of our moving through the darkness of dawn and dusk.

Franklin did get a gift. Somebody threw a Subway sandwich (including wrapper) on the side of the road. Before I could realize it, he was scarfing some of it down. I am fearful of poisoned stuff, and try to keep him from eating things like that. His long tongue licking his face along with his black eyes on black face looking up at me showed I was too slow.

No comments: