Monday, December 08, 2003

back in time

Which brings me to Saturday night. It was the parish's annual madrigal dinner.

This was an event that also started in the early 1960s. At its height, it had four nights of sold-out folk reliving a renaissance/middle ages feast (the times changed) followed by music in the church.

Everybody has a special one-of-a-kind Christmas event nowadays, and the Madrigal dinner was reduced to only one night this year.

It is very labor intensive and the angels who have nurtured it along are running out of steam. For all the meaning it has for some, nobody yet has stepped up to provide new leadership. It may die. Or it may not.

Partner has been very involved in the past three years, but I think this one was his last one, too. Saturday night I helped out. Not really my cup of tea, but I know it is very important to some.

No comments: