Friday, December 19, 2003

what i write

When I started this blog I thought I would be writing at least two thirds of my entries about gardening. I am sure I will always be writing something about gardening because I am think about it a lot. It is indeed a passion for me.

When I look back, I find a lot more entries about worship than I would have ever imagined. It's not strange, because church is an important part of my life. I sing in a parish choir. I am a Christian and this is part of my journey.

Intentional or not, I try not to be afraid of writing about something as long as it is appropriate and I feel comfortable writing about it. Some things I doubt I will ever write about. This is not my private diary or journal and you, gentle readers and fellow bloggers, are not my therapist. In our Jerry Springer age, I still cling to the idea that there are private zones in one's life that don't need to be shared in public. Of course, some Texans are very good at telling their business to total strangers -- in the Waco of my youth, folk standing in line at a store told the most amazing details about their lives at a drop of a hat. I've been accused by Partner of doing that from time to time.

No comments: