Saturday, January 17, 2004

boss for dean

My old boss, Governor Ann Richards, was on the Larry King Show this past Thursday, the 13th anniversary of her inauguration as governor of Texas. She's on that show from time to time, and sadly I missed it. But a friend sent me a link to the transcript.

Ann came out for Howard Dean. I am not surprised. They were good friends as governors. They both had a devotion to making good policy, incremental change, and good management. According to the transcript, she liked the fact that Dean was willing to be tough and take on the Republicans.

And frankly, I have to agree that I find that appealing as well.

I am not one to get too excited about primary elections, but it does look like the Iowa election is starting to look unpredictable. Or the news pundits are hoping it will be unpredictable. They like surprises and last minute shifts.

No comments: