Tuesday, January 27, 2004

snowy morning

More snow did fall overnight ,and we will get a little more over the next couple of days. Today is officially a snow day for almost all the area schools. My work had a two hour delay, and while I grumbled that I was not getting a snow day, I actually found that the delay made coming to work much easier. There was hardly any other traffic out on the roads, as opposed to yesterday morning during rush hour when I never got above 20 m.p.h.

The trees have that flocked look, their bare branches etched now in snow, and the evergreens are laden with piles of snow. At some point, I'll need to shake the yews with a pole so the branches won't be broken down by the weight of the snow.

Franklin and I took a rare weekday morning walk with sunlight all around us, and he continued his joy at walking, running and sniffing in the snow.

The powers that be at the water company had started a couple of weeks ago putting in a water main -- many folk in the townlet have well water. The crew was out this morning trying to figure out, I suppose, how to continue laying pipe now that all their equipment and pipes are covered in snow, not to mention the covering of their nifty painted yellow lines and flags outlining where they were going to lay it.

No comments: