Friday, May 06, 2005

pets in the garden

A friend sent me an email from a vet concerning pesticides in the yard and garden. She was particularly concerned about:

1) mole pellets -- they're designed to taste good and they are quite lethal.

2) time release fertilizers and pesticides -- because they hang around they have the potential to hurt a pet beyond the application period.

I think I would add to be sensitive to poisonous plants, too. They could have an impact on small children as well as pets.

No comments: