Wednesday, April 05, 2006

time and no sleep

Hugh blogs about the Great Indiana Time Change.

He mentions too much light in the morning, but I remember mid-summers in Indy when the sun is up at 5:00 am. We don't be having that this summer.

I laughed at the all hysteria on the media, and the conversations I overheard the past two weeks about the time change (Indiana joined the country this year in joining daylight savings after resisting for over 30 years). There was a general fear about missing the changeover, about too much light at the end of the day, about re-setting equipment. Hugh mentions the problem with fireworks being too late for small children -- good point.

But after six years of no switching, I am remembering again how hard it is for my body to re-adjust. I probably haven't gotten more than six hours of sleep a night all week. This morning the dog woke me up at 4:00 am, and then decided to slurp through cleaning his paws after I put him in the bed. Slurp, slurp, slurp.

At least I will be able to garden after I get off from work.

No comments: