Monday, August 21, 2006

treadmill

Someone raised the speed on the treadmill of my life -- is there a Glen Campbell comeback in that sentence? And yet, the old line about showing up must be true, because things are getting done.

It's been over three weeks since I mowed the grass -- one of the advantages of having large beds of perennials and small negative space of grass is that you can get away with missing the mowing. So I mowed this weekend. It was a lot of work. Done.

The house needed a thorough cleaning, and partner and I got through most of it.

He has gotten all packed, and we've completed almost all of our tasks related to that move.

Soon, he'll be off to school. I am not sure what it is about moving (or trips) that are unnerving to me, but the topic is not my favorite in the index of life lessons. I am not so easily transplantable, I guess.

No comments: